Hey PushBlack family,
It’s been a really hard past three days.
Our hearts are heavy. We’re sending love and light to the families of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile and to all of you.
As our news feeds, e-mails, DMs, and texts become flooded with even more violence, we encourage everyone to practice some self care. So in addition to the news, we’re listing some resources to help us make sure we take care of ourselves in times like these.
1. Self-Care for Woke Folks. [via Everyday Feminism]
Read here: http://bit.ly/29ryzd0
2. 4 Self-Care Resources for Days When the World is Terrible.
Read here: http://bit.ly/29unDgB
3. What’s Missing When We Talk About Self-Care. [via Black Girl Dangerous]
Read here: http://bit.ly/29unM3F
1. 5 Things You Need To Know: #Dallas Sniper Shooting. [via The Root]
Read here: http://bit.ly/29BqTJc
2. Issa Rae Starts Scholarship Fund for Alton Sterling’s Children. [via Atlanta Black Star]
Read here: http://bit.ly/29zdCNW
3. African-Americans, the Second Amendment’s Second-Class Citizens. [via The Atlantic]
Read here: http://theatln.tc/29FSrMZ